Tier I Service Desk Specialist
- Responds to and diagnoses problems through discussion with users
- Ensures a timely process though which problems are controlled including problem recognition, research, isolation, resolutions and follow-up steps.
- Supervises operation of help desk and serves as focal point for customer concerns.
- Provides support to end users on a variety of issues.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems.
- Responds to telephone calls, Email and personnel requests for technical support.
- Documents, tracks and monitors all problems to ensure a timely resolution.
- Provides Tier I support to end users for either PC, server, mainframe applications and/or hardware. Interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problems.
- Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties.
- Recommends systems modifications to reduce user problems.
- Escalates more complex problems to Tier II support.
Clearance Level: Active Secret with the ability to obtain Top Secret/SCI
1 year of IT Help Desk or military equivalent experience.
Additional Technical Skills/Experience Desired:
- Perform MAC (Moves, Add and Changes) duties.
- Microsoft technology stacks (Office, Active Directory).
- End user hardware: notebooks, desktops, peripherals, monitors, mobile devices.
- Video and audio conferencing, VOIP phone systems, wired and wireless networks.
- High volume networked multi-function printers support.
- Knowledge of Windows 7, 8.1 with Mac OS X knowledge extra.
- Good troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in assembling/disassembling computer hardware and computers
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking.
- Experience with software installations with desktop applications such as MS Office and Adobe products.
Minimum Training/Certification requirements:
DOD 8570.01-M - IAT Level I
- Baseline Certification
- CompTIA A+
- Computing Environment
- Windows 10 Certification
- Paid Vacation, Sick Time and Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401K with Employer Contribution Matching
- Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business
- Equal Opportunity Employer
- ISO 9001:2015 Certified Company