C4PS-2505 Storage Engineer Lead
Position Title: Storage Engineer Lead
Location: Miami, Florida
Position Type: Full-time
Security Clearance Requirement: Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI)
- CompTIA Security+
- NetApp Certification
Years of Experience:
- Bachelor’s in Science in Computer Science or related field; Or
- Equivalent Experience such as:
- 5 years’ experience in engineering and implementing disk storage solutions
- 5 years’ experience configuring SAN switches, including zones and Virtual SANs
- 5 years’ experience performance tuning SAN implementations
- 5 years’ experience engineering and implementing networked file system
- 5 years’ experience in developing and implementing disaster recovery solutions
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support the implementation, management and maintenance of a storage environment by providing support for a variety of storage systems and Storage Area Network (SAN) infrastructure including, but not limited to:
- The Senior Storage Engineer will perform various roles including, but not limited to:
- System research and design
- System testing, installation and configuration
- System hardening, backup validation, monitoring and response
- Responsible for developing strategies for meeting requirements.
- Manage security initiatives and processes as they pertain to data storage.
- Communicate problem resolutions to other team members and management, and own or participate in problem management process.
- Coordinate and assist in technical storage equipment installation/de-installation and relocation of services.
- Provide escalation support for all storage related problems.
- Maintain storage problem records and documentation, and operating procedures.
- Coordinate all storage monitoring activates to ensure optimal performance.
- Responsible for implementing and managing the enterprise storage environment.
- Responsible for performing production support activities for assigned storage systems to ensure the integrity and availability of the environment.
- Perform supporting file sharing across the environment and the integration of enterprise storage with Microsoft Windows, Citrix, and VMware virtual server environment.
- Install, upgrade, repair, maintain, and retire production and test environments to meet business demands and profile future enhancements.
- Configure, Implement, deploy, and support technologies including converged technology, NAS and SAN environments, fiber channel switched fabric, and associated physical and virtual servers.
- Provide efficient and reliable storage allocation and define backup, recovery, archival procedures.
- Installs, configures, tests, and implements storage software and hardware.
- Monitors use and availability of storage resources.
- Maintains and modifies backup and recovery procedures to meet high availability and mission critical business needs.
- Troubleshoots storage related issues and takes appropriate actions.
- Generates reports and analysis on storage usage.
- Maintains storage configurations to provide capacity planning and performance monitoring/tuning of systems.
- Benchmarks, evaluates and makes recommendations for the selection of storage management software and hardware products.
- MS in Computer Science or related field
- Associate level or professional level certification in relevant subject matter (CCNA/CCNP/CCIP, RHCT/RHCE, MTA/MCTS/MCSE)
- Experience in developing hardware and software documentation and training
- Red Hat Linus Enterprise Linux administration and/or engineering
- Oracle/Solaris systems administration and/or engineering
- Windows administration and/or engineering
- VMware vCenter/vSphere administration and/or engineering
- Database administration and/or engineering using Oracle
- Security posture administration and/or engineering
- CompTIA Security+;And
- NetApp Certification
- Paid Vacation, Sick Time and Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401K with Employer Contribution Matching
- Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business
- Equal Opportunity Employer
- ISO 9001:2015 Certified Company