- Clearance Level : TS/ SCI
- Monitors and maintains Windows Server operating system and additional server components including but not limited to Active Directory, SharePoint, SQL Server, and Office Communications Server/Lync Server.
- Applies patches to major subsystems and services, roles, and filesystem components within a Windows Systems environment and performs Operating System and patch testing on all changes prior to installation.
- Executes basic PowerShell or Command Shell commands.
- Monitors and reviews system logs and detects and troubleshoots problems.
- Writes basic technical operating system documentation.
- Controls system access and security aspects of critical systems.
- Demonstrates in day-to-day work adherence to security best practices and access control and security policies.
- Establishes and maintains suitable resource and performance monitoring on all systems.
- Establishes and maintains automated patching for all systems for which employee is responsible.
- Partners with the Service Desk by setting and managing the expectations of customers.
- Advocates for clients in service planning and deployment across the organization.
- Demonstrates day-to-day adherence with change control precepts and practices.
- Provides technical support and customer service directly to end users through ticketing system and periodically through screen sharing.
- Discovers and communicates potential service problems through identifying patterns occurring across separate Service Desk tickets and customer reports
- At least four years of relevant Windows Server experience.
- Ability to solve technical systems problems quickly and automate processes.
- Expertise in hardware/software RAID and logical volume management.
- Commanding knowledge of access control and security aspects of critical systems.
- Knowledge of networking tropology and distributed system concepts.
- Expertise in Active Directory architecture and concepts.
- Expertise in one or more server platforms.
- Knowledge of concepts in a secondary server platform.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or Computer Science and/or
- 5-7 years of related experience.
Additional Technical Skills /Experience Desired:
- Experience in troubleshooting technical problems involving software and operating systems.
- Experience in effective communication and collaborating in a high performance team environment.
- Experience providing technical support in a customer service role.
- Experience using patience, sensitivity and effective communication.
- Experience writing technical documentation for a technical audience.
- Experience participating in diverse workgroups.
- Familiarity with networking topology concepts.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Active Directory concepts
Minimum Training/Certification requirements:
DOD 8570.01-M - IAT Level II
- Baseline Certification
- CompTIA Security+
- Computing Environment
- Microsoft Server Level Certification (Server 2012/2016, SCCM, etc.)
- Paid Vacation, Sick Time and Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401K with Employer Contribution Matching
- Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business
- Equal Opportunity Employer
- ISO 9001:2015 Certified Company