Voice Networks Technician
- Meets with other department contacts to plan and coordinate new and upgraded cabling and telecommunications equipment for all systems.
- Installs, tests, maintains and repairs key telephone systems and electronic private automatic branch exchange equipment.
- Installs, maintains and repairs distribution racks, interconnecting and distribution cables, terminals intrusion alarms, alerting devices, grounding, and wiring on a variety of signaling and communications systems.
- Maintains current telephone line terminations records and prepares written work reports.
- Responds to emergency calls in the event of a system failure.
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent and
- 2 years of experience in the field or related area.
Additional Technical Skills /Experience Desired:
- Diagnostic skills.
- Troubleshoot network issues quickly by identifying the sources of problems; hardware, software or network.
- Must have good analytical and problem-solving skills to assess network performance and recommended changes.
- Good interpersonal skills to communicate with network users and other information system professionals.
Minimum Training/Certification requirements:
Must meet DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II certification requirements:
DOD 8570.01-M - IAT Level II
- Baseline Certification
- CompTIA Security+ or CCNA security certification
- Computing Environment
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Collaboration
- Paid Vacation, Sick Time and Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401K with Employer Contribution Matching
- Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business
- Equal Opportunity Employer
- ISO 9001:2015 Certified Company