C4PS-2505 Applications Developer
Position Title: Application Developer
Location: Miami, FL
Position Type: Full-Time
Security Clearance Requirement: Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI)
- CompTIA Security +
- MCSA; Or
- MCITP; Or
Years of Experience: minimum 5 years experience
Roles and Responsibilities:
Application developers use programming languages and source code to create software that meets client requirements. Developers may work with multiple programming languages and operating systems. Requirements vary for developers depending on the employer, but a bachelor's degree is typically the minimum requirement for career entry. Some advanced positions may require a master's degree. Employers tend to prefer hiring application developers with work experience in the field, which can be gained through an internship.
Duties are but not limited to:
- Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software. Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications.
- Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements. Designs and develops new software products or major enhancements to existing software.
- Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
- Consults with project teams and end users to identify application requirements.
- Performs feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management.
- Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
- Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- Acts as team leader on projects.
- Instructs, assigns, directs, and checks the work of other software developers on development team.
- Participates in development of software user manuals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science; Or
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology; Or
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering; or
- 8-10 years of knowledge of computer programming languages and relevant work experience
- ITIL certification
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent project management and time-management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to present technical information in a way that non-technical management and staff will understand
- Focus on quality and attention to detail
- Knowledge of database security procedures and protocols
- Strong communication skills and ability to work well with a team
- Knowledge of standard information security policies
- Working Knowledge in at least two (2) of following areas:
Minimum Certification requirements (DOD 8570.01-M - IAT Level II):
- Baseline Certification
- CompTIA Security+ (equivalent or higher security certification)
- Computing Environment
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA); Or
- Microsoft Certified Information Technology Professional (MCITP); Or
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Paid Vacation, Sick Time and Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401K with Employer Contribution Matching
- Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business
- Equal Opportunity Employer
- ISO 9001:2015 Certified Company